Pages

Wednesday 16 January 2008

in other (people´s) words

this morning two songs played one after the other and...

this is part of what I feel...

"Stained Glass Masquerade" (Casting Crowns)

Is there anyone that fails?
Is there anyone that falls?
Am I the only one in church today
feeling so small?
...But would it set me free
if i dared to let you see
the truth behind the person
that you imagine me to be
...Would your arms be open
or would you wlak away
would the love of Jesus
be enough to make you stay?

this is where i´d like to be... or would like to hear and do...

"Rise Up" (Third Day)
Well, I was there when you were torn apart
Now a piece of you is gone
Somehow you wish that you could only find
A little strength to carry on
You've tried so hard to make it on your own
That your heart has come undone
So I am here to prove that I alone
Have the power to overcome
Don't let your heart be troubled
This world will never keep you down
It will never keep you down
So rise up, my friend
No, this will never be the end
So rise up, my friend
And live again
I didn't want you to feel this way
It's not what life was meant to be
And so for you, my friend,
I'll take your shame
You can give it all to me
'Cause you've wrestled demons every day
And they've dragged you to your knees
But in your weakness you will learn to find
That I will always be your strength
In life or in death
Through joy or regret
And all of the secret things you have done
No matter what comes, my friend
Nothing can keep you from the love of God

No comments: