Pages

Friday 18 April 2008

the little things


just a 'big up' to those things that happen at just the right time, that brighten up the day...


yesterday my family left for the airport in a rush after 4 days of being their tour guide and translator for 2 parents and 3 sisters (in Sevilla plus a daytrip to Cadiz) and suddenly i felt quite small and alone, how i've often felt in Sevilla. I wondered around a bit a went to top up my phone in the internet cafe opposite the university where i always used to go and the guy who works there (whose name i'm ashamed to say i've forgotten!) remembered my name, asked me how i was and as i was leaving gave me a lollipop. (how do you spell that?!). something so small but it made all the difference. and lifted my eyes again to appreciate the beautiful things in life and be thankful.

No comments: