Pages

Tuesday 17 June 2008

bits and brighton bobs

it's great to be in Brighton, that "fresh sea air"... (less hayfever!) but much more because i get to see some wonderful people, in between struggling with 8000 word spanish dissertation in the library.

i'm now blond, via unwanted detour into ginger. i was born with ginger-ish hair and my theory is every time i dye my hair (which hasn't been that often) those ginger roots are determined to express themselves. i then burnt some of said newly blond hair on a candle in a pub in brighton. someone smelt it burning and warned me. oops. thank goodness i wasn't wearing hairspray! but yeh, my thinking was... new season, new hair :o)

its weird not seeing many familiar faces on campus; bumping into friends was one of the things i loved about uni before. now nearly everyone has finished and is graduating. crazy! altho there'll be a 'good bunch' around next year too. thankfully.

you know you're on sussex campus when you pass a guy dressed as a giraffe holding a boom box with music blaring out and no one bats an eyelid. love it.

we went to a spanish restaurant on sunday night to celebrate a friend's birthday. it was cool being able to order in spanish, but the tapas were SO expensive! rip off! no more albondigas (meatballs) for 2 euros. £4.35 my friend, £4.35. here ends my eating out habits of the last 9 months :o(

right, now off to see if i can change my degree again. haha! they must love me. well, if they do have such an unflexible structure they've got to expect it... basically i think doing a course in 'european prose' in my final year may kill me, so am trying to do something about avoiding it!

hasta luego.

No comments: