1. sunday * central london * "marks and spencers" * sandwiches WITH Joy
OK, so it's not strictly "eating out", altho we did eat them OUTside in Hyde Park. and, it was the only place that was open and that we could afford (just about... RIP. OFF. !) but it was fun. and it was sun and catching up and grass...
2. tuesday * oxford * "carluchios" * homemade ravioli stuffed with spinach and ricotta WITH Dad
really recommend this little place. quality italian food and friendly staff. recommend my Dad too! :-)
3. wednesday am * botley * the (only) coffee place in elms parade * moccachino and sausage roll * WITH Mum
birthday coffee with Mum. lovely. i have not had a sausage roll in YEARS but for some reason that day it took my fancy. as the only cafe in this part of Oxford it gets away with being over-pricey. but it's not a bad place!
4. wednesday pm * Selly Oak, Birmingham * "Donya's cafe" * Iranian buffet * WITh Rosanna and her friends
the birthday night in the upper room of the restaurant. different, tasty food and good value. and then the belly dancing... which i mentioned before!! :-)
5. thursday * Oxford * "Nando's" * couscous salad with chicken and haloumi cheese * WITH Beena, Roz and Sarah
oxford birthday, with the few remaining. the couscous salad is new since i last went to nandos. it's GREAT. so is nandos in general. lovely catching up with friends... between us this summer we'd been to Kenya, Sardinia, China, Syria, Israel, Jordan and Ibiza! Ibiza definitely sounded the least "cultured". haha! followed by the reggae dancing, which was strange after being used to a bit heavier music. kept waiting for the bassline to drop while we floated around the dance floor...
6. friday * Oxford * "El Andalus" * tapas and 'cafe con leche...mas o menos'! * WITH Adam
so nice to hear people speaking spanish and flamenco-ish music and read the spanish menu... and olives and goats cheese in honey and croquetas... and also fantastic seeing Adam, a friend i met in Bolivia two years ago.
so there you go. i am now wondering why on earth i thought anyone would be remotely interested. but i guess i write it more out of gratefulness for lots of good food and many special people to share it with.