Pages

Monday 5 January 2009

love

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.

safe with my guard down because even with my guard up you'd see right through.
and you would not avert your eyes
there'd be no flicker of disgust.... surprise....
only
a passion so strong and so deep i could get lost in it and i'm no longer sure if my feet are touching the ground
and i'm unaware of what's around
me
...all that used to fill me with fear
and rob me of my confidence
fades into insignificance
when i see
the way you look at me


it'll take more than a lifetime to understand

No comments: