Pages

Wednesday 4 March 2009

Culture Fest 09

"Culture fest" is an annual event put on by the African, Caribbean and Asian Society of the University of Sussex. This year it's taking place at the Brighton Dome (on this coming Saturday). On the two occassions that I've been it's been a really great night, with a wide selection of acts including poetry, dance (Street, breaking, traditional, salsa, bollywood and more), fashion shows, comedy, singing and live music. I always wished I was a part of it so this year I got my act together and auditioned... and have found myself being the opening act with a poem i wrote for it, following the night's theme: AUDACIOUS EXPRESSION.

It'll be the first time I've performed (on my own) at such a big event. I'm looking forwards to it, just hoping I remember all the words! :-)

No comments: