Pages

Tuesday 11 May 2010

worship?

Sunday. I. Step hesitatingly toward your dwelling place.
Toward the place where You Are.
Weighed down by the week.
Distracted by a thousand thoughts that fly chaotically around my head like Brighton seagulls.

I’m carrying a gift.
(for You).

I mustered up something someone else told me would be a good thing even though I don’t completely understand why since it seems so far removed from my heart’s true song.

And sometimes I feel the most I can do is leave this gift on your doorstep.
And run.
Away.

When what You really want is me.
What You really want to do is beckon me in.
And then when we are face to face,
All pretension falls away,
All excuses fade,
And I remember…

…the depths from which You lifted me.
The light that causes darkness to flee.
Feel the solid ground on which You’ve planted me.

Remember, with a sigh of relief, that in Your eyes I am clean-white-bright-shiny-new.
And I don’t need to hide.
All self conscious fears disappear out the window.
In the presence of the One who saved me and knows my name.
In the presence of this Love.
Love that’s stronger than death and our reason for life.
Love that celebrates and rescues and restores.

And every cell of my body mind and soul yearns to express its response to this overwhelming truth.
To this story that transcends all fairytales.
Right here and right now I long to bring a true sacrifice of praise. My all.
A fragrant offering that is pleasing and genuine.

No comments: