Pages

Monday 11 March 2013

My Excuse(s), and leaving Brighton

OK, so my excuse with not keeping up with a post a day is... well is that in THREE WEEKS time I am leaving Brighton for Cornwall.

After 7.5 years.

MADNESS.

So as you can imagine, there's been quite a lot on my mind and a lot to do.  Not that we've done any packing yet mind you, but I'm still working my three different jobs and have been involved in 2 writing projects, and have been applying for jobs in Cornwall, and then trying to squeeze in seeing as many friends as possible in all the in-between spaces.  So yeh. A LOT. And not much sitting down in front of my blogfriend happening.  And a fair bit of stress in my head happening.  And a bit of tears.  And a lot of tired.  Which is hard, because actually there's loads of great things going on at the moment, and I am excited about moving, but the stressy bit sometimes takes over and makes it all seem difficult.

BUT, I survived a non-stop weekend and enjoyed it and had surprisingly chilled times with lovely friends in the midst of our final day of the One Way Ticket writing project - including a 10 minute performance each - and pub work and church and homework.  I hate it when you feel like you're just on survival-getting-through mode rather than living-in-the-moment mode.  But, yeh, I really did enjoy the weekend.  And had a lie-in this morning, and hubby was around too, and we watched Call the Midwife with our housemate in PJs with porridge.  Lovely Jubbly.  Rest is so important, isn't it?  Time to recharge...

The last time I moved cities was to Spain in 2008.  And I knew that would only be for a year.  I moved to Brighton without even realising, coming here for University and gradually spending less and less time in Oxford where my parents lived.  I moved several times while growing up, but that was due to my parents' decisions, not mine.

So this is kind of new.  I'm glad I'm not doing it alone.

I haven't had to say goodbye in quite a while.  I'd forgotten how awkward it can be.  I've learnt while living in Brighton how it feels to be left behind, so I do appreciate that people are sad.  I just don't always know how to respond.  Nothing will sink in for a while, that I know.  I don't know how much I'll miss Brighton until I'm not here anymore.  I know I'll miss the friends we have here, but again, I don't feel that yet as we haven't gone yet!

So, in these three weeks, I'm determined to make the most of my favourite cafes (Marwoods and The Blue Man are currently winning), the beach (if it stops snowing!!!), get some dancing in, and enjoy the company of people I love.  And hopefully not to stress out too much!

No comments: