Pages

Monday 6 May 2013

Bank Holiday in South Cornwall

This weekend my sister and her husband came to visit.  It was so lovely to have family down to show around and to spend time with people we know well.  The weather worked out better than expected and we had some fun times exploring.  I still can't believe that this beautiful beautiful place is our home!

On Saturday, after a delicious lunch at the restaurant where I work, (aaaand an unfortunate puncture caused by trying to let another car pass on one of the crazily narrow roads in these parts...oh dear!), we headed to Porthgwarra, which is in between Porthcurno and Land's End.  My great aunt recommended it and I thought the name of the place was especially interesting.  We had to make our way through even narrower roads, but  it was totally worth it.

We discovered a tiny private cove, plenty of rocks to clamber over and beautiful views of the coast and a stunning blue sea.

 I climbed up as high as I could to see what was around the next corner...
I can't wait to walk more along this coast!


Yesterday (Sunday), we joined the tourists and walked round St Ives and discovered more of its 5 beaches!  Mr Q had his pasty stolen out of his hand by a gang of seagulls... we thought we'd left those greedy birds in Brighton!  


In the evening we had a BBQ, as you can see our front garden is the perfect place for it!  Was lovely to enjoy a sunny evening with friends.


Today we went surfing at Gwythian.  It was amazing!  Up till now I hadn't wanted to go in the sea as it's been so cold, but the weather was warm, the waves were big, so we decided to give it a go.  I'm so glad we did.  It definitely makes one feel alive...But very tired now!  My body's going to take a while to get used to it I think.  But that's OK... :-)  So hooray for a lovely weekend.

No comments: