Pages

Tuesday 11 June 2013

A whole lotta something and nothing (or, 'adjusting')

I haven't written for a while.  Not sure why.  Maybe because I haven't felt strongly enough about anything in recent weeks.  I think the combination of missing Brighton friends, enjoying and exploring our new home, meeting new people, and continuing to adjust to a totally different way of life has left me feeling a) TIRED -even though I'm only working about half the hours I used to and b) a little bit overwhelmed.  Which in my case sometimes means feeling a bit down, or a bit numb.  Which seems a strange consequence when you consider how much has actually gone on in the last couple of months.

And that's the thing.  In some ways it feels like we've been here for ages, but it really has only been just over 2 months.  So having spent the last couple of weeks feeling a bit frustrated at myself that not everything has fallen totally into place yet, I'm thinking maybe it's OK to give myself a bit of a break.  Maybe it's OK I don't exactly know where and how to spend all my time and what and who to focus my energy on.  Yet.  Because I know I don't want to continue in this floaty-kind-of-vague stage for much longer.  But I guess it's also OK to still be finding my feet, and to spend a little longer deciding how life down here is going to look.

And, in amongst the slightly unsettled feeling, I know this is where I want to be.

And, there's been a whole lotta good times and good news, about which I'll write soon. And be less vague! Promise...

No comments: