Pages

Sunday 22 September 2013

Keena & Gabriel

I can't believe the wedding was two weeks ago now!  It was the reason I went to Brighton for a week: the wedding of Keena and Gabriel.  I met Keena 5 years ago while at University.  Keena met Gabriel whilst teaching English in Chile after graduating.  And now he's here in England, and they are husband and wife!!

I was a bridesmaid, which was a privilege, and hard work i'll be honest.  But mainly fun because I got to spend plenty of time with Keena, and other Brighton friends.  There were some firsts for me, like flower arranging and painting the bride's nails, which for anyone who knows me will raise their eyebrows sky high at!  And the results weren't tooo bad, if I don't say so myself. Haha!  

I also took photos for them of the parts of the day where I wasn't required as a bridesmaid.  Which was great because as you can see from the pics they are both good-lookers and were up for creative and fun poses.  In fact as we headed off to the park for some photos they both sprinted over the fields so fast I couldn't catch up!


It was kind of strange and kind of nice being back in the same place that I got married two years ago.  Back in The Meeting House on Sussex University Campus.  [Except I felt more like a student again rather than a wife as hubby wasn't with me and I spent most of the week with University friends, sleeping on floors, getting home late... :-)]


Preparing the wedding had been quite full on for a lot of people as the engagement only took place 2 months ago or so.  But, thanks to a whole load of people, we pulled it off.  And it was a wonderful day.  As Gabriel said in his speech, the wedding was a perfect example of Love in Action.  Friends of Gabriel and Keena, mainly from City Gate Church which I also used to be a part of, made amazing food, decorated the venue beautifully, sang, moved chairs, organised, supported and prayed.  It was a definite team effort, which made being part of it really special.  And as someone who has been to more weddings than I can count on my fingers and toes, it was one of the funnest, tastiest and colourful that I've attended.

Highlights were...

Jeannine's tomato salsa, based on a Chilean recipe. SO GOOD. Actually all the food.  Everyone went for seconds I think

Pippa (fellow bridesmaid)'s speech

The champagne - nicest I've ever tasted!

Posing with random hats and wigs

The mix of English and French and Chilean influences

Dancing dancing dancing... most especially at the end to Mumford and Son's 'I Will Wait' (which we'd also sung in the service) when everybody literally danced their hearts out, arms flung upwards, singing for hope and in prayer and with joy


So here's to you:  Keena, one of the sweetest, most genuine, stunning and wonderful friends I know and long time dancing partner.  Gabriel, another potential dance partner if your moves on the dance floor are anything to go by (!), generous, honest, kind and funny and someone I'm looking forward to getting to know better.  To you both, you inspired a fabulous day.  And I'm sure you are going to inspire a whole lot more. Love!

3 comments:

Adele said...

What a beautiful wedding! I love the paper decorations in the Quiet Room windows! Congratulations, Keena and Gabriel!

Unknown said...

Ey!!! Thanks for to be in ours wedding and help us in many things, i would like know you more and you housband too!! It was SUPER DUPER!!!! And patití-patatá!!!!!!!!!! Super funcky and cool you Blog !!!!! Hasta luego Katrina inna beena!!!! Adios :)

Unknown said...

It was a pleasure Gabriel! Come and visit us soon :)