Pages

Wednesday 9 April 2014

Day 3 of my proper job (You can't have it all together all the time, can you?)

So, I know you're all desperate to know how my new-full-time-grown-up job is going.

I'll tell you.

After a chilled weekend recovering from tooth extraction, I was full of good intentions for starting work-from-home-all-day with lots of discipline and a healthy mix of work, rest, play, keeping fit, etc.

On Monday I got up a couple of hours before starting, showered, had breakfast, read the Bible, wrote in my journal, watched the news, and started on my aim to write SOMETHING every day (I'm trying out writing stuff first thing based on my dreams, because I always have them, and so there's some inspiration right on hand.  Even if it is slightly weird).  I started work at 9 and finished at 5 and avoided any more video calls with a half naked husband in the background (that was last week!).  I avoided the temptation to crawl into bed during the sleepy early afternoon period.  I popped out during my lunch break to buy food for dinner.  We've had a friend staying and I managed not to be too distracted with her in the other room.

Yesterday I went for a run after finishing work.  My friend cut my hair.  I dressed up, put on makeup and heels and we went out to the bar around the corner to watch hubby and brother-in-law perform at the open-mic.

We also had people for dinner both nights.

Aaahh yeh, working-hostessing-cooking-running-AND-looking-alright.  Go Katrina.



Then there's today.

I overslept because of going to bed later than usual last night (can't cope, it really wasn't that late).  So I didn't start work at 9am.

I am limping because my body is in shock after the run.  And the heels.

I haven't showered.  I haven't even removed last night's makeup because I can't find the cotton wool pads.  And although I managed to get out of my PJs (mainly because I was cold), I didn't quite make it to adding a bra.

I spilled coffee all over the floor, went out to buy more for coffee-addict husband and promptly forgot.

There are empty beer cans all over the flat.

There is white sauce all down my hoodie and 'aladdin pants' because I somehow threw the whisk at myself.

It's now 4 hours since I finished work and all I've managed to do is buy some soup we didn't need from Co-op around the corner (and forget the coffee), call a friend, cook dinner (vegetable lasagne, though, pretty good right?!), wash up and eat dinner while watching Masterchef.  I'm ready for bed.


And it's only day 3.

Good thing we're going on holiday this weekend. Haha.


And that, my friends, is also why I am nowhere near ready to have kids.


No comments: