Pages

Monday 27 October 2014

All of me

How can I ever thank you enough?

For the way you
cut through the tension that bound my shoulders
that kept my heart closed
and my ears deaf to the truth
- that stopped me moving
even when I heard your call

For the way you
snapped the chains
that kept my feet from dancing
like they were made to



When your light burst in
I saw the chains for what they were -
nothing but lies
no substance

In that moment -
when your love burst in
suddenly there was no room for fear
It sneaked out the back door
and I drew back the curtains
so I could see more
see You
breathe You
take You in

And now my shoulders sit easy
in your rest
knowing here is where they're meant to be
and I breathe deep and long
and life fills all of me
all of me
and freedom flows through my veins
until even my fingers and toes
are awake and aware of you
and they can't stay still
and they can't stay silent
and joy bubbles in my belly
and spills over

Spills over past my lips
with a new song
and there's hope in my eyes
that was not there before
and my feet and my head and my hips and my knees
are free free FREE

Without fear or hesitation
they are free to respond to your heartbeat
Free to rock and sway and twist and jump
and be still and be moving
and be still and be dancing
and CONNECT
with the joy in my belly
and the peace in my mind
and the relief in my shoulders
and the hunger in my soul
and the thankful song
in my heart

So this is how I will thank you
 - WITH ALL OF ME

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light". (Matthew 11:28-30) 
Wrote this last night at a worship event in Falmouth called Vertical. Good times :)

No comments: